Aims and Ethos
Aims of the School
- a caring, happy and safe environment which is conducive to learning and personal development.
- the highest standard of teaching for all pupils.
- the highest standard of learning for all pupils.
- the highest standard of achievement.
- the highest standards in personal care, support and encouragement.
- the encouragement of initiative.
The School Ethos
- aims to create a caring, family atmosphere where all pupils are nurtured, learning is an enjoyable experience and where there is respect for people, equipment, belongings, the environment, authority and rules.
- teaches children to think about their behaviour, attitude and responsibilities.
- teaches an awareness of the need both for initiative and responsibility and for rules and clear boundaries.
- encourages independence in action and thought.
- values industry, enthusiasm, initiative, achievement and pride in work and appearance.
- creates a safe, calm environment.
- teaches and values good manners and consideration for others.
- recognises, values, and tries to develop all talents, skills and interests.
- creates an atmosphere of fairness, mutual trust and honesty.